Thursday, June 7, 2018

The Culture of Europe

An interesting aspect of culture and everyday life I've come across in Europe is safety. In the multiple cities we visited I always felt safe compared to the places I've been to in the US. The odd thing about this is that I see on a daily basis more police in the US than in Europe. Also compared to Europe the police in the US are intimidating and look more like members of the military.
  From my time spent there I also noted especially in the Netherlands that there is more diversity and tolerance such as LGBTQ+ rights. Another interesting contrast was how water and space is treated differently. Water and space is abundant in the US where as in Europe it's more valuable.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home